iTunes library sharing to Airport Express..still bitperfect?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by RipcordAFF, Feb 7, 2009.

1. RipcordAFF macrumors member

Hey guys, I have a roundabout question. I have itunes on a vista machine sharing its music from an office. if i wanted to use one of my laptops, be it mac or pc, with a client itunes streaming from the vista machine in the living room controlling the music, sending it out again to the airport express in the living room, would it still be bitperfect?

I know that if the vista, office itunes were to send straight to the airport express its bitperfect (not that I have lossless music, id just like to keep whatever fidelity i have throughout the chain). But I dont know if had another machine streaming music from the central itunes, out from the 2nd machine to airport express if it still would be bitperfect. I would think it would b\c its still a digital signal all the way to the receiver in the living room, but i wanted to make sure.

In other words

Vista itunes serving up music---wireless--->client laptop itunes playing off vista machine---wireless---> airport express----s/pdif--->reciever (digital conversion done here I think)..

Thanks in advance for your help!

Reed

2. Galley macrumors 65816

Galley

When I stream my lossless audio tracks, the upstream speed is roughly 1MB/sec, so it appears to be "bit for bit".