Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TimJim

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 15, 2007
Im doing a full clean install of leopard with a new hard drive and im putting my old hard drive in an enclosure. After i do this i obviously want my iTunes library in iTunes on leopard. Can i just copy over (from my old HD) the 'iTunes' folder into the music folder in leopard? How should i go about doing this?

HawaiiMacAddict

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2006
On one of my Macs of course
Aloha TimJim,

I won't have that issue, due to my particular setup. Here's what I do. I have an external HDD on which I have both my iPhoto and iTunes libraries. This serves two purposes: I can use either my iMac or MacBook Pro for either of those programs and all changes will reflected on both computers, and it is backed up such that in case something disastrous happens to either computer, the data is still available.

If you have a spare HDD lying around (with enough space), you can easily pick up an external case for it, then move your iTunes library over to the new drive. That way, when you do a clean install of Leopard, you won't have to worry about your music files, as they won't be on your Mac's drive.

HawaiiMacAddict

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.