iTunes Library - What is going on?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BrianBaughn, Dec 11, 2014.

1. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Several months ago I moved (copied) my iTunes Library to different hard drive ("Media") and set /Volumes/Media/iTunes Media as my "iTunes Media Folder Location". I have "Keep iTunes Media folder organized" checked. I have an iTunes Match subscription based on this library.

I just modified some song titles and albums and I first noticed, when selecting "Show in Finder", that they're not moving to a new location as they should be. Then, I noticed that "Show in Finder" leads me to the old iTunes library on my boot volume.

Has anyone seen this kind of crap? Any suggestions on how to make iTunes do what it's supposed to do?

OS 10.9.5, iTunes 11.4

2. BrianBaughn, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2014

BrianBaughn thread starter macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

It gets worse!

All I can say is...if you're ever in this situation...do NOT do File>Library>Organize Library>Consolidate Files. Now I have two copies of everything, the second of each having " 1" at the end of the file name and before the file extension.

The " 1" version seems to be the one referenced in iTunes, which is inconvenient.