Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bdhtx

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
I just upgraded to ios 4.3 on my Ipad. Now, I can see my shared Itunes library from my Itunes machine / server. No problem here.

When I try and load that library, the icon spins, then hangs and never loads.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Uofmtiger

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2010
Memphis
I just upgraded to ios 4.3 on my Ipad. Now, I can see my shared Itunes library from my Itunes machine / server. No problem here.

When I try and load that library, the icon spins, then hangs and never loads.

Any ideas or suggestions?
I had to exit out of the app (and close it), then reload it. Once the spinning stops, it will start showing a filled in circle based on the percentage that is complete. On our Touch, I had to exit out twice before it would load. I have a 1300+ album library in lossless format, so I am sure my iOS devices were working hard to get it all loaded.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Likewise. My iPhone took 4 tries to digest my whole library it kept going to sleep during the download. Just keep trying. It does seem to pick up where it left off.

B

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Any body have any problems with AirPlay dropping the library when you either close the iPod app or having it run in the background and then you bring it back up. I keep dropping the library and it has to reload every time. Granted my library is 35k songs in various formats. Ie applelossless and 320 mp3 formats.

Very frustrating.

Is there a cache setting or something I am missing?

Last edited:

duncyboy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2008
I've been faffing with this all evening and have found a solution.

I've just bought an Airport Express for my WiFi and am using my router for purely wired duties INCLUDING my iMac. So my iMac and AE are connected to the router, my iPad and iPhone connect to the AE.

I've just enabled Airport on my iMac and everything works fine now! Remote and Home Sharing- so make sure you're LITERALLY connected to the same network :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.