Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

realestcib

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2006
hello..i have this problem wit my library that wen i plug in my ipod video, watever songs i add to my library they go to my ipod icon and whenever i try to update my ipod itunes shows an error message and shuts down..i think it has somthing to do wit the videos..does ne one know why theres liek 2 libraries and why it shutsdown when i update it?

realestcib

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2006
its the video ipod and my comp is a dell wit windows xp
the message jus says it has encountared a problem and needs to close everytime i try to update it..or delete this one movie file

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Okay, find the file in Explorer and move it elsewhere. Then go back into iTunes and retry deleting it. If this works, don't bother with a restore (obviously). :)

realestcib

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2006
and whenevr i try to restore my ipod it says cant install firmware on connected ipod and the ipod hardware and the updater firmware is not compatible

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
If you delete it from the computer, you'll still get a link to it from iTunes but it'll have a grey exclamation mark next to it (once it's worked out the file doesn't exist) and hopefully will let you simply remove the name from your library.

Hopefully this'll help however the fact your computer isn't letting you restore the firmware is worrying. :eek:

FWIW, you don't have to completely delete the file, just move it. Personally, I'd just drop it in the Recycle Bin but refrain from emptying. :)

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
So if it is this video file...where did you get this file from? If you don't want to lose that file then put it on a thumb drive or something(for the time being) to work out your itunes kinks.

Bless

realestcib

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2006
yea i deleted that file..it worked..the onli problem left is that there liek more songs..idk its hard to explain..liek theres the library right..with like videos and stuff in it..and there another icon on the side with the ipod icon and it doesnt have ne videos..but that section is wats acutally on the ipod

frankblundt

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2005
South of the border
mad jew said:
Although the link I provided above gives you the latest version, which may be advisable. :cool:
true enough. ;) sometimes it's easier to start at the bottom and work your way up is all.

if you can, it would be good to download the latest iPod updater (like MJ said) and run it, restore the iPod (wiping everything on it), and then reload the stuff you want from the library onto it

realestcib

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2006
and i wanna get wats in the library on the ipod but it doesnt work..theres liek 2 sections of tracks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.