Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MadDogMike

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
Atlanta, GA
My wife & I both have MacBooks, and we have a Time Capsule. We have setup the music library on both of our iTunes to the same folder on the Time Capsule.

We both have LimeWire, and have the "save" file setup as the same folder as our iTunes library on Time Capsule. Everything should work, right? Well, it almost does.

When I download something from LimeWire on my MacBook, it automatically goes into my iTunes library. Same with her on her MacBook. But the stuff she downloads does not go into my iTunes library. I don't understand why that's happening, since everything should be going into the same folder on the Time Capsule.

On my iTunes, I can see the files that she has downloaded from LimeWire as a Shared library, but I can't add them to my Library. I don't know why that is either.

Here's the other weird thing. I have searched both the Time Capsule and her MacBook for the MP3's that she downloaded from LimeWire. They are nowhere to be found! Yet they are still somehow in her iTunes Library.

Any ideas?

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
It doesn't go into your library because iTunes doesn't auto update. Your library is stored in a XML file; it's not indexed everytime you use it.

Also don't steal music.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.