Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

iTunes Live: London Sessions Coming Feb 22 - Mar 2

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Apple has announced iTunes Live: London Sessions (via Macworld UK).

Over 11 magical evenings, starting on Thursday February 21st, 2008, iTunes will host a series of unique recording sessions. More than 25 of the world’s most talented musicians — including KT Tunstall, José González, Tom Baxter, Roísín Murphy, Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Spiritualized and many more — will perform solo and collaborative sets in London’s legendary AIR Studios.

The event is being held in AIR Studios in North London. Tickets are being raffled via the iTunes Store. Of course, Apple will be recording the event and be releasing them in March via iTunes.

Article Link

lloydh

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2007
London, England
Well I've entered the competition to win tickets to the one on Feb 24th and see:

Billy Bragg
Foy Vance
KT Tunstall
Leo Abrahams

:D

Comment

SirROM

macrumors member
May 1, 2006
Does this strike anyone else as an early step by Apple to handle music from beginning to end? Not just distributing music anymore, but now producing and promoting it as well. If the Big 4 aren't scared yet, this should cause them to run to their mommies...

Comment

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
Sounds like a cool idea. Not really into any of the acts that much (Billy Bragg and Nick Cave MAYBE - but not enough to pay to see them), but I hope they continue to do things like this in the future. I also hope they do it in other places in the world too!

Comment

lazyrighteye

macrumors 68020
Jan 16, 2002
Denver, CO
Does this strike anyone else as an early step by Apple to handle music from beginning to end? Not just distributing music anymore, but now producing and promoting it as well. If the Big 4 aren't scared yet, this should cause them to run to their mommies...

Aside from wondering the exact same thing, I'd also like to add "dope!"
Seems like a really cool concept for Apple to explore.
Go, go, go!

Comment

smallfield

macrumors member
Jan 17, 2008
Is anyone else having a hard time getting on to apple.com to see the official release? I wanted to read it but I get their server as unavailable.

Comment

lekun

macrumors regular
Jan 5, 2006
Mira Mobile Rumor

Is this what Mira Mobile was needed for? Arn, what do you think. I think everyone else thought some special event in the US, but this could easily be for this, right?

Comment

Tonewheel

macrumors 6502a
Sep 28, 2007
"...the world’s most talented musicians"

According to whom? Groupie Steve and the ones he personally listens to and promotes?

Comment

Eduardo1971

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2006
Lost Angeles, Ca. usa
Wow, this is bloody amazing!

Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds;
Katie "KT" Tunstall;
Jose Gonzalez;
Spiritualized;
Billy Bragg!

Now they just need Radiohead and Travis.

For those who whined "big deal! I've never heard of these bands/performers..." You really ought to prick up your ears!:cool:

Comment

fluidedge

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
i've heard of precisely 4 of those "world's most talented" - does that make me uncool somehow?

Comment

rockosmodurnlif

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2007
New York, NY
Sounds like a live recording of a concert to me... not sure why anyone should be scared of Apple selling tickets to a concert they're promoting for music they will be selling.

It's not like this hasn't been done before (or by other people).

Comment

mrial

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2007
Saint Paul, MN
Appears you have to be a res of the United Kingdom.

from terms ...
"4. Eligibility. In order to be eligible, entrants must be 13 years of age or older at the time of entry and a resident of the United Kingdom"

Lives in Minnesota, US

Comment

Klaxons2012

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2007
that looks so awesome. there are a group of lesser known artists if you're from america, but Jose Gonzalez, Nizlopi, Alphabeat, Daniel Merriweather, Estelle, The Mystery Jets, Roisin Murphy and Spiritualized would be great acts to catch. I hope these sessions are available in the US. I know Jose's live sets are just AWESOME, especially his covers.

If you're in the UK you have to go.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.