iTunes Live Menu

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Peace, Feb 7, 2012.

1. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Did anyone notice the what's new email that went out tonight ?

It talks about a live stream of Paul McCartney Feb. 9th at 7PM.

The interesting part is this :

To celebrate the release of Paul McCartney's latest album — available now — we're streaming his exclusive performance at Capitol Studios on February 9 at 7 p.m. (PST). Watch the concert on iTunes on your computer, or stream it on your TV using your Apple TV — just choose iTunes Live from the Internet menu.

Does anyone see the iTunes Live part on the menu or is this something new ?

2. AppleInLVX macrumors 6502a

AppleInLVX

I'd love to know this too... I have no such menu item. I thought it was because I am in Canada... we often get the shaft on such things. But I can stream from iTunes and send it to the Apple TV. Just can't get it right from the Apple TV.

Anyone else having this 'issue'?

3. NightStorm macrumors 68000

Button showed up under Internet... Been streaming fine to my living room AppleTV since the beginning. Pretty impressed with the quality; hopefully we'll be treated to more live content in the near future!

4. Spencie macrumors regular

Spencie

I got it! Pretty awesome, hope Apple will do some more streams.

5. bbapps macrumors regular

For me, ATV2 kept displaying an error when clicking the Play button. I had to use iTunes on Mac, then airplay to ATV2.

6. fpnc macrumors 68000

I got multiple errors on my ATV2 also. Finally, after maybe five attempts at playback and always getting errors, I restarted my ATV and it worked until quite a bit later when I returned and found another error message on the TV (that may have happened when the concert was over, I think it played without problems for at least 30 minutes, I was busy outside and didn't watch the TV constantly). I get a really solid 5Mbps downstream (measured) from my ISP and nothing else was accessing the internet at the same time.

Not a very good example of "it just works" streaming and the concert was in black & white (trying to limit bandwidth or just an artistic statement?). Once it began, however, the quality seemed okay.

7. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

Worked great here in Toronto. IMHO This is the official end of cable TV...

8. NightStorm macrumors 68000

If the main purpose of this free iTunes Live stream was to drive sales of his new CD, it worked. After the performance ended last night, I realized that all of the songs performed live were on the CD so I bought it before heading to bed.

I *think* the B&W picture was more an artistic choice than a technical one, but we'll have to wait for the next one to know for sure.

9. JPGR_Fan macrumors regular

JPGR_Fan

Enjoyed the Show

If you look at my handle, you'll know I'm a big Fan of the boys.

I even had a Fats Waller LP almost 50 years ago (Kisses At the Bottom is a line from his popular song, Ain't Misbehavin').

Paul will be 70 years old in June.

However, I could understand it if some who watched and listened live were to say that Paul wouldn't be going to Hollywood on American Idol.

Technical experience: After numerous errors, I got tuned in at 8 minutes after the hour. The broadcast was black and white, which was noticeable at first but I forgot about it several minutes in. Otherwise the presentation was of high quality with no streaming glitches.

I'm a big fan of ATV2.

10. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

If Apple start Streaming their Key notes, especially for the iPad 3, via iTunes live I will literally wet myself with excitement.

Lock it in Apple.