Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thedommer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 13, 2008
Hi! few questions:

love my iphone.

1) one thing Im not keen on though is that when Im listening to music I have to first hit the button then unlock just to change a song. can this be setup so that in itunes mode it doesnt lock?

2) I use the iphone at work sometimes and would like the screen to always stay on especially if it is docked so that I can always see what song is playing and quickly change it if needed.

Is there an app that will display on the iphone what is playing on itunes so that I never have to go to itunes to see what is playing. I also would have a pic of the album on the iphone all the time which would be cool. does remote do this? does any app do this without using wifi. just by being docked. it would kinda be like the way windows vista has external devices display random information. this would also require that the screen always stay on.

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
When your iPhone is powered, the screen does not lock, only dims. Also, on the lock screen, a simple double click of the home button will allow you to control iTunes.

TEG

thedommer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 13, 2008
When your iPhone is powered, the screen does not lock, only dims. Also, on the lock screen, a simple double click of the home button will allow you to control iTunes.

TEG

ooo. thanks for the double click thing!

thedommer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 13, 2008

TEG

your right. it just auto dims. theres that question solved! how do I stop it from doing that though?? I want to to always remain on when pluged in. so I can see whats playing while im working without touching it.

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
your right. it just auto dims. theres that question solved! how do I stop it from doing that though?? I want to to always remain on when pluged in. so I can see whats playing while im working without touching it.

Just under Settings>General>AutoLock>Never.

TEG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.