Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
Around
Well I with I asked this before, but better than late than never.

So due to reasons I talked about in another thread, I dropped my gmail for as my iTunes log in and now I am using @outlook.com. Now I got my 1st album from my new log in and it says "purchased by ######@outlook.com" but I got the receipt at my gmail account. When I went to change all this, there isn't anything linked to my old email address at all. Maybe it takes time for the system to change everything?

Also, will there be issues since all my old purchases say my old email address in the future? I really wish Apple would let me use my @me/@iClould.com email for this...

Thanks!

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
Also, will there be issues since all my old purchases say my old email address in the future?
I've had 3 email addresses as my Apple ID over time, and it's not a major issue. Sometimes it can be confusing if iTunes or iOS asks to authorize DRMed content (movies/TV shows or apps) or an in-app purchase, because it prefills the input field with the address from the file. Just remember to always enter your current Apple ID. If you want to get rid of the old email address, you can redownload your content from the Apple store. I did that for my apps before I reinstalled everything on my 5S, but not movies or TV shows.
I really wish Apple would let me use my @me/@iClould.com email for this...
Indeed, that would decouple things. I wonder why that seems to be so difficult.

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
Around
I've had 3 email addresses as my Apple ID over time, and it's not a major issue. Sometimes it can be confusing if iTunes or iOS asks to authorize DRMed content (movies/TV shows or apps) or an in-app purchase, because it prefills the input field with the address from the file. Just remember to always enter your current Apple ID. If you want to get rid of the old email address, you can redownload your content from the Apple store. I did that for my apps before I reinstalled everything on my 5S, but not movies or TV shows.
Indeed, that would decouple things. I wonder why that seems to be so difficult.

Thanks!! So the music isn't a big deal then? I have iTunes Match also, and I turned it off by accident, but turned it back on with the new Apple ID and no issue.

So TV shows and movies I bought under the old ID will have issues?

----------

I just went on my purchase and saw all my stuff. I may re-download everything soon then :)

thanks!!

Rigby

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2008
San Jose, CA
Thanks!! So the music isn't a big deal then?
For music it doesn't matter, since there is no DRM (unless it's a really old purchase that you haven't updated yet).
So TV shows and movies I bought under the old ID will have issues?
It's no big deal. As I wrote before, just make sure that you enter the current ID in case you get a prompt to authorize playback. I have gigabytes worth of TV shows, so I didn't bother to re-download those.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.