iTunes login problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Cvstos, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Cvstos macrumors member

I tried to pre-order an album tonight and it asked me for my password. I'm used to this, as lately iTunes as been asking for my password twice in a row every few hours for the last couple months. THIS time, however, it returned an "Unknown error". When I tried to enter it again, it said I didn't input it correctly and needed to recover my password with Apple. I did so, and Apple's website kept saying "session expired". Eventually I succeeded in changing the password, went back to iTunes, and... it did it again. "Unknown error". No further details on the error were given. I've searched around and can't seem to find a post with this issue.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

2. tmanto02 macrumors 65816

tmanto02

My iTunes store has been messing up today too, I cant activate home sharing or authorise any of my devices

3. amps211 macrumors newbie

Do you use Chrome? This was happening to me. I just opened safari and did the reset in Safari and it worked.

4. jinxedluck84, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2013

jinxedluck84 macrumors newbie

jinxedluck84

Same issue. Started today and has lasted over 12 hours. Tried two seperate networks, a test user account, cleared iTunes plists and caches, changed iTunes/Apple ID password and a bunch of other things to no avail. Contacted Apple Support and the initial two replies had nothing to do with the issue (waiting on a third reply).

Basicly, iTunes can load the store and all links that are NOT associated to my account. However, if iTunes needs to access something related to my account (i.e. sigining in, authorizing a rental, updating Genius, etc.) it becomes stuck in an an endless loop of "Accessing iTunes Store..." Occasionally it will error out with one of two error messages ("iTunes is unavailable at this time." or "There was an error in the iTunes store."). Both error messages state to "Try again later."

Hoping that this is only a one day, temproary error. As of right now, I am unable to even login into my iTunes account on the Mac (I am able to access my account just fine via my iPhone).

Update: Tried the "Safari Reset" trick and it did allow me to sign back in. However, all other account related functions still do not work.