iTunes looking for album art?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GamerDad, Mar 10, 2011.

1. GamerDad macrumors member

I recently got a new MBP 15". I basically took all my applications off my PC and just copied them to the appropriate folder on the Mac, and then told the Mac to find them. At the end - iTunes was looking for album art for 61 albums.... As I had no music on the device, I figured there must be some sort of cross over from the apps to the music.... I had to force quit iTunes, and it has been working fine - until last night -

when I put a music CD in and imported to iTunes - iTunes said that it was looking for album art for 61 albums... Had to force quit iTunes again. Anyone had this experience?

I have several thousand apps, and so trying to figure that out is a bit of needle in a haystack, unless there is something specific I should look for... And, when I do import my music collection, I don't want iTunes hanging all the time looking for album art that does not exist.

Oh, I did let iTunes look for the album art for about 20 minutes prior to trying to quit out - it was still on 1 of 61, never found it, and I guess decided it would look until the world ran out of electricity....

Thanks for help.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Just deselect the option in iTunes > Preferences > Store

I prefer manually adding art from sites such as Album Art Exchange, which is much higher quality than iTunes downloaded artwork.