Itunes Lossless and Xbox 360?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Nitro1, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Nitro1 macrumors 6502

So this is a weird question for mac forums but i do not know where else to turn and the forum people always have the best answers.

I have a new media tower/server for my entertainment center. It runs iTunes and i want to use MP4 Lossless which then goes from the tower to the Xbox 360.

I want to be able to play the music from the Xbox 360 into the audio receiver and thus the tv.
    Is there anyway to do this. From what i know the software is not compatable. But i figured there has to be a way.

The tower is running Windows 7. FYI.

If no one knows any idea's how to do this do you know of a place where i can look.
    I come to you because it is iTunes and honestly i do not know anywhere else to turn for this type of question.

Thank you for any help or idea's

2. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

i dont think its going to work

I learned a long time ago to just use high quality mp3s with my xbox over the network.

screw wma and m4a, and AAC for that matter.

just rip all your stuff to mp3.

3. mknapper1 macrumors newbie

There is a program that will sync your iTunes library with your windows media library, and then just use windows media center to sync with your 360... I don't remember the name of the application that syncs the two but when I get home and you still haven't found it I can post it... I am actually running this setup at my house and it works pretty good

4. TJRiver macrumors 6502

TJRiver

Connect360 by Nullriver software. There is a second one as well, but the name escapes me. Having your music ripped into "audiophile" formats seems a bit much, given how much racket the 360 makes when in use........:D