iTunes LP search problem in iTunes store

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Marky, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Marky macrumors regular

Hi

Does anyone have a contact email address for the guys running the iTunes store? Or anyone with a little bit of 'pull' at Apple.

I've tried two different Apple support people via the contact us part and am getting nowhere with what I thought was a simple query.

I basically want to know how I can find iTunes LP albums. Where are they listed so I can browse through them to see if there are any I would like to buy?

Until about two days ago there was a link on the iTunes store main page on which the customer could click and be taken to a page detailing all currently available albums with iTunes LP content. It also listed some pre-orders as well.

That link has now gone - so how do we as customers browse albums that Apple have available in the iTunes LP format?

Both Apple support team members suggested I browse all the Albums and keep an eye out for the 'blue badge' that denotes it's available in Apple's iTunes LP format!

At present the only albums I know about are the ones I've already bought and the ones currently being 'featured' on the main page however I'm aware there are more - I remember there was a Doors album for instance.

I have money to spend and I like the iTunes LP format - it's just for some reason the ability to easily browse this format has been removed.

Can anyone help with a sensible contact email address?

Mark

2. Kate. macrumors regular

There's an iTunes LP link on the far right sidebar, at the bottom of the Music page. Go to the Store, click Music on the navigation bar at the top of the screen, and then scroll to the bottom of the page and look to your right. There's a section called "More to Explore." The first link is iTunes LP. I found it just by looking. :)

Attached Files:

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Strange, it's on the left for me!
    Picture 3.jpg

4. Kate. macrumors regular

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, I'm running iTunes 8, but the store should be the same, right?

6. Kate. macrumors regular

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, I knew there was a redesign of the site, but didn't know it would only appear if you upgrade the app. That's different!

8. Marky thread starter macrumors regular

Hi

Thanks both but it's not there on either side (or anywhere else) on the UK iTunes store.

I have however just had a look at the US iTunes store (I have two accounts) and yes it is there on the US store. So for now I can browse the US store :)

Strange that on something like this they should be different, but the US store has a lot of additional things to click on down the right hand side (iTunes 9) compared to the UK store!

So thanks again and does anyone have a contact for the guys at the UK store to give them a nudge into implementing this?

Mark

9. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

10. Marky thread starter macrumors regular

Hi thanks for that - it does work but is an out of date version that it links to at the moment. There's a couple of albums not listed there that are available.

I've had a rather nice follow up reply now as well from the original query I'd put into Apple support saying they are raising a 'ticket' for the UK store?

Guess that means the issue is being looked at at some level or another :)

Cheers
    Mark

11. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

From the main iTunes store, have you tried clicking on the 'Music' button at the top? I couldn't find it on the main page anywhere but in the Music sub-page it was on the right-hand side.

12. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Did you read the thread? That was already discussed. It doesn't appear on the UK site.

13. hollerz macrumors 6502a

hollerz

Thought it might be, it seemed like it wasn't really meant to be there. Good thing it's getting looked into though, and if it gets changed just shows sometimes it can be worth it to contact Apple with your suggestions!

14. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

Absolutely read the thread. Kate mentioned to go the Music subpage but I didn't see any mention of the OP specifically looking at the Music sub-page (just said 'anywhere on the UK page'). Just trying to offer a suggestion, I'll abstain next time?

15. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

:)