iTunes lyric finder?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by allynat, Dec 26, 2010.

1. allynat macrumors newbie

Hey there. I recently got the iPod touch, and was very excited when I saw that it could display lyrics, which my old 3rd generation nano did not do. But I didn't really have the time to find the lyrics to every song in my iTunes library before synching my iPod. A friend suggested that I use Gimmesometunes to find the lyrics automatically online, but when I installed and ran it nothing happened. I checked the boxes that told it to find lyrics and cover art online, and I played the songs for a few seconds each, but it didn't work. Is there another similar program that will find lyrics for me, or else a way to get gimmesometunes to work? I'm using a basic macbook, OS X, if that helps.

2. felixen macrumors 6502a

Is there a good lyrics finder that can scan your entire library and automatically add the lyrics it finds to your songs? I don't like the programs that only find lyrics for the song you are currently playing. It's way too insufficient

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I use Get Lyrical, which does the job pretty well.

4. felixen macrumors 6502a

I actually have that installed, but I figured it hadn't been updated in ages and is thus updated.. But maybe I'm wrong..?

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The app may not have been updated in a while, but it works fine. I use it a lot.

6. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I'd do a Google search. I'm cheerfully ignorant of current apps for Windows! :)

8. felixen macrumors 6502a

There was one called iArt or something on windows that was really great. I used it a lot and it's one of the few programs I've missed since I went Mac # not sure if that is the name, but it definitely has "Art" in it