iTunes Lyrics Question

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bob616, Sep 5, 2012.

1. bob616 macrumors 6502

I'm hoping this is the correct place to post this.

What is a good automated lyric matching application that could use to put lyrics on all of my iTunes songs. I've been using GetLyrical in the past, but it is really buggy and crashes a lot. Most of my songs already have lyrics on them already. Any recommendations?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You may want to consider updating or reinstalling Get Lyrical. I've used it for years with no crashing problems. What version of Mac OS X and what version of Get Lyrical are you running?

3. bob616 thread starter macrumors 6502

GetLyrical works well when I am tagging >50 or so songs. Since I don't know exactly what songs don't have lyrics on them I am going to end up just highlighting my whole library and tagging them all (5000 songs). This usually causes GetLyrical to crash. I'm fine with using GetLyrical. I can just work around the crashes. I was just wondering if anyone else knew of other programs.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I've researched and tested a dozen or more lyrics apps and Get Lyrical is the best I've found, by far. If there's something better available, I've never heard of it. It does run slow when tagging a large library (mine's over 30k songs), but it does the job.