iTunes (Mac) error after 1.1.3 JB

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by mavis, Jan 29, 2008.

1. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone else was having this problem. Whenever I connect my JB'd Touch (1.1.3, Dev Team method) to my iMac, iTunes pops up the page telling me about the $20 app pack. I am given three options, something along the lines of Ignore/Purchase/Remind Me Later ... However, no matter what I press, iTunes pops up an error message 'Unable to process your request due to an error, etc' ... Then the offer page disappears and I can finally sync my iPod.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Any ideas on how to fix it?

2. shigzeo macrumors 6502a

shigzeo

i have the same problem, but as i don't really care too much for the itunes store, i am not bothered by it at all.

good luck

3. mavis thread starter macrumors 68040

mavis

Well, even if you don't use the iTMS, you still have to wait for that screen to come up and then the error message, EVERY TIME you connect your iPod. That's what I find most annoying.

Does anyone know of a workaround/solution?

4. dhxoals macrumors newbie

same thing here.

and it is quite annoying too

5. Quasiportnoy macrumors regular

For me, I only get the error when clicking "Remind Me Later" or "No Thanks." If I click "Go to Software Upgrade," it takes me right there. Curious, eh?:rolleyes:

It wouldn't bother me as much if my iPod would still sync. The fact that you have to dismiss the screen before syncing really undermines the "Sync when I plug in my iPod" ability. If Apple had just let it be a nag screen during or after syncing, it would be fine. This undermines the user experience.

Bad :apple:!