iTunes madness since last update

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by OldCorpse, May 19, 2014.

1. OldCorpse macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

I updated to the latest iTunes and now I get a stupid message that pops up every time I open iTunes:

"You are signed in with a different Apple ID than previously used with Podcasts. Do you want to sync these podcast subscriptions and stations with “XXXXXXX@gmail.com”?"

Only I never signed in with a different Apple ID that I can recall, this message never appeared before I updated, and it makes no difference if I click on Yes or on No wrt. the sync, the same stupid message pops up next time I open iTunes again.

How can I stop this stupid thing?

I'm on OSX 10.6.8 and latest iTunes.

2. aaronvan, May 20, 2014
    Last edited: May 20, 2014

aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Call Apple and have them reset your iTunes account.

I'm on OS 10.9.3 and iTunes 11.2.1. It's driving me crazy.

It appears to keep downloading the same podcasts over and over. However, most of the "downloaded" podcasts do not appear listed on iTunes Podcasts (it is set to Show Unplayed/My Episodes) but some of them appear as in the Cloud ready for download.

This began after last Wednesday's update. This is all very confusing. Does anyone know what's really going on? :confused:

3. allmaya macrumors newbie

iTunes error message

Hey Corpse, I joined MacRumor just so I could reply to your post.

Just spent 61 minutes on the phone with Apple support and we have arrived at a solution.

A slap-me-on-the-forehead solution.

Just sign out of your iTunes account, and then sign back in.

4. OldCorpse thread starter macrumors 65816

OldCorpse

allmaya, you are a champ! Thank you ever so much for signing up and giving this advice. I must say IT SOLVED MY PROBLEM 100%!

All I can say is THANK YOU VERY, VERY, MUCH - and may good Karma give you rich returns for your kind help!

Stick around - this can be a fun and educational place... plus you can meet very nice people - and you are a great example of one!

See you around!