iTunes making duplicate tracks of the same songs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HiFiGuy528, Jan 20, 2009.

1. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

I noticed today that my iTunes library has many duplicate tracks of the same songs in different albums. The strange part is that not all song in the album is duplicated and not all albums. I know I can have iTunes "show duplicates", but when I remove the duplicate, the other won't play. Anyone has this issue?

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Aeroplane macrumors member

Oh My God I have a similar issue that is driving me nuts...Itunes is NOT my friend.

I'm using Windows XP and got an ipod touch and I'm using itunes for two weeks now, so yeah I'm a newbie, inept and desperate!

When you start itunes it searches your HD for music and builds a "library" but then not all songs were found so I used my other music software playlist to add them into the itunes library (but it added all the previously found music)...now every song has a duplicate!!!! (same pathfile, only changes from "c:/documents/music/file.mp3" to ".../music/file.mp3") and I don't know how to eliminate them other than one by one, can anyone help ME? i've been looking for this issue but no luck! PLEASEEEEEE hahahahahaha :confused::D:eek::(

3. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

How about sorting by date added. Maybe you can find the songs you don't want that way and eliminate them.

4. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Have you checked the tags on the albums and songs?

5. Aeroplane macrumors member

Right On!!!!! I used the date of inclusion to spot what time I had included the duplicates to my library and then i could delete them easier! Thank You! I don't know how I didn't think of doing that before! The desperation must have got the best of me, I guess.
    Anyway, thank you so much :):):):):)

Like I always say, internet is the answer to the question you haven't even asked yet... :D

6. Grimbo macrumors member

Maybe when you download your songs and you paste the "playlist" file thats usually in the folder of the downloaded album etc.