iTunes Manually manage with multiple computers.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by scottgroovez, Aug 10, 2011.

1. scottgroovez macrumors regular

I have iTunes on my windows PC that I used for my iPhone prior to buying my MBP. I now have content on both machines. My iphone is set to manually manage the content, yet when I tried to put content on my iphone from the MBP it wouldn't let me. I did an erase and sync, which cleared the iphone (didn't lose too much) and I could now put the content from the MBP on.

Now I've gone to my PC and cannot add content from that onto my iphone. How do I enable this? I could do it with my ipod from a few years back.

2. scottgroovez thread starter macrumors regular

So it seems you cannot do this with a shuffle or iPhone!!

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1202

iPod shuffle and iPhone are intended for use with a single computer. You cannot load music from multiple computers or iTunes libraries onto iPod shuffle and iPhone like you can with other devices.

That is incredibly frustrating! Why have Apple done this?

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

At least for the iPhone you can do much of what you want wirelessly with Home Sharing and more to come with iCloud.

I routinely browse one of my other libraries and download tracks via Home Sharing.

B

4. scottgroovez thread starter macrumors regular

I've now enabled home sharing on both my PC and MBP. I can see the PC library on my MBP, but I cannot add music from that library onto my iphone.

Any idea what I need to do?

5. scottgroovez thread starter macrumors regular