iTunes Match 4010 Error

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by photogpab, Mar 14, 2014.

1. photogpab macrumors 6502

photogpab

For the last few days when I try and match my media I get an error that "could not complete iTunes store request" error (4010)

any ideas? I've tried everything. deleting my iTunes library, creating a new one, turning off iTunes Match, turning it back on... help!

2. photogpab thread starter macrumors 6502

photogpab

3. Msail30bay macrumors regular

Msail30bay

4. Ravenis macrumors member

I have this issue from time to time.

What works for me is simply quitting iTunes then relaunching or turning iTunes match off then back on. Sometimes it comes down to the meta data needing to be corrected (make sure the titles etc have no odd characters or long names, etc)

If you are trying to update tons of tracks at once to match then use ethernet

5. photogpab thread starter macrumors 6502

photogpab

I've tried all those things... turning match on and off, creating new iTunes libraries, connecting my iMac directly to ethernet cable... keeps happening. whats weird is i get the error whenever i add new music to iTunes and try and "match it".

then like an hour later i find that the music matched at some point! it's very frustrating. i don't know whats going on.

6. DrHeinz macrumors newbie

you're not the only one having this issue, so have I. Judging by the increasing numbers of similar complaints on other websites I'm beginning to suspect the problem lies with Apple's.

7. ufkdo macrumors 6502

I have this issue as well. When I add new music, it gives me error 4010. Then I proceed to select update iTunes match from store menu, then it works! I think this is an issue with iTunes 11.1.5 since I have never had this issue before 11.1.5.

8. photogpab thread starter macrumors 6502

photogpab

so the latest on this is... it won't work if i select the track and chose "add to iCloud"... it also doesn't work if i select "update iTunes match" or if i even let match start on its own...

it only works if i turn match OFF and then back ON which is incredibly annoying.

9. benjaminhoong macrumors newbie

i have this issue too! i've tried almost everything and it's really annoying to have that error message pop up every time i start iTunes...

10. oldhouse macrumors newbie

Same issue here.
    It suddenly started to happen few days ago, and I have also tried to completely delete music library but issue is still here.
    I have now booked phone call support for monday and I 'll check what Apple will come up to.

11. bobsax macrumors member

bobsax

so to clarify;
    Is it an error with iCloud matching newly added music?

I've had this and it eventually ends up in the cloud.

12. photogpab thread starter macrumors 6502

photogpab

is anyone else STILL having this problem? I can't select "add to iCloud" for a specific track or tracks... i have to actually select "update iTunes Match" which takes much longer... this is frustrating.

13. photogpab thread starter macrumors 6502

photogpab

14. ApfelKuchen macrumors 68030

The basic error "could not complete iTunes Store request" is generally related to connectivity, anything from firewall settings through Date and Time Zone settings. I suspect the problem is not specific to Match, but that you don't use other iTunes functions that might also throw that error, so Match happens to be the place you run into it.

If you haven't already pursued it, try following this article: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1368

There have been several iTunes software updates since you originally reported the issue - have they had any effect? What about Mac/Windows/anti-virus updates?

I'm also curious as to how you're importing music into iTunes that "add to iCloud" would be a song-by-song option. As far as I know, Match wants everything that's in the library - if it doesn't automatically add while you're importing the music into iTunes, it periodically scans to see if there's something to be added, and if that fails, you have the option to manually Add (everything) to Match.

I don't see a track-by-track "add to iCloud" option, though I wouldn't, as everything I have is already in there, or it's automatically added when I import it. It doesn't mean it might not appear if you were offline (either had Match turned off, were not signed into your iTunes account, or didn't have an internet connection) when you imported into iTunes - but I also haven't come across that function in the support documents. All I see is:

I also don't see it listed in the Symbols used in iTunes article.

I get the impression you might be importing "offline" intentionally, in order to prevent the time-consuming upload of songs that you don't want to have in Match. Is that the case?

15. photogpab thread starter macrumors 6502

photogpab

no. they way it always used to work was, you would add a song/songs to iTunes, and you could right-click and select "add to iCloud" which would then match just that one song or group of songs. it would take 20-30 seconds and it was done!

now you have to actually select "update iTunes match" which takes several minutes.

also, if you add new music to iTunes after a few minutes iTunes match automatically tries matching it on its own... i get the error message when this happens too.

as you can see from above several people have this problem... i just wasn't sure if there was a solution yet?

16. Yumbo macrumors 6502

This happens every time the annual OS X update happens.
    MacBook which updated iTunes AFTER Yosemite had error saying to sign out and sign in...had to do it twice. All good.
    iMac refused.
    I had to create a new library.
    Matched immediately.
    Now to import the items over from other library.