iTunes Match Account Help

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Corrode, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Corrode macrumors 6502a

Corrode

Hey,

I'm wondering if someone can help me. I searched but couldn't find anything. I just got a new iPhone and it want to put iTunes Match on it but I'm having an issue.

When I go to turn on iTunes Match in settings, I get a warning that says "This device is already associated with and Apple ID. If you use iTunes Match with your Apple ID you won't be able to...for 90 days."

I know all about the 90 day thing but I'm just wondering which Apple ID it's asking me to enable with iTunes Match because my wife and I share an iTunes Store account but each have our own iCloud account.

I don't want to accidentally add my iCloud account to Match and not be able to switch it back for 90 days.

Can anyone shed some light on how to find out which account it's trying to use?

(Sorry for the novel.)

2. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

iTunes match will use your apple ID not iCloud. My girlfriend and I each have our own iCloud accounts but share same Store Apple ID. We each have iTunes match just fine.

3. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Check your computer. Which Id is signed in for iTunes. Is it the same as your iCloud or different

My guess is that you have two apple IDs. One you share for buying purposes and one that is just yours and is used for iCloud, iMessages and FaceTime.

When you turned on the new iPhone did you restore a backup or set as a new. A backup would know which id was for which things but if you set up as new and signed into your appleid, you likely did your iCloud one but it was logged into all places that need an Apple ID. Look in your iTunes&app store settings to verify this. Log out and into the correct one and try again. With luck you won't get that warning although if you have no purchases etc in the 'iCloud' appleid it won't really matter that you can't switch back for 3 months you'll have to reason to anyway.

4. Eitel macrumors regular

Go to Settings, iTunes & App Store. That's the account it's using for Match.

5. Corrode thread starter macrumors 6502a

Corrode

Thanks for the help everyone! I went ahead and added iTunes Match to my phone and all is well. It's funny how I restored from a backup yet it didn't know which account to use Match for.

But yes, it is the App Store account you're logged into that will be used for Match.

Thanks again!