iTunes Match after updating to iOS 7

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by paradox11, Sep 18, 2013.

1. paradox11 macrumors member

Is anyone else having issues with iTunes Match after updating? Was working fine this morning on iOS 6, but now it's stuck on "Loading iTunes Match". I've turned the phone off and on, the setting off an on to no avail.
    Anyone else?

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

No, but I updated last week so it isn't a fair comparison. My WAG is (like many of the other issues today) the servers aren't keeping up.

3. paradox11 thread starter macrumors member

That's what I figured. I know it's not a popular feature, but it's one that's important to me.

Thanks for your input, though. :)

4. vtors7 macrumors newbie

I'm Having the same problem right now on my iPad.

It just keeps saying 'loading itunes match'
    i've turned my ipad on and off and i turned itunes match on and off but still no luck.

maybe the servers are being overloaded, or maybe its a bug.

5. dmylrea macrumors 68000

dmylrea

It's made listening to music on both my iPad and iPhone impossible.
    Now, no matter what the Music Match setting is, when I start Music, it goes to "Loading iTunes Match..." and stays there.

I turn it off in settings. I kill the Music app. I start the music app. Says "Loading iTunes Match..." (even though I turned it off). Go into settings. IT'S BACK ON, ALL BY ITSELF!

Mysterious settings changes that don't stick don't sound like the result of busy servers. I'm already not feeling good about this iOS 7.

Now, how can I listen to music? Any ideas?

6. Amadeo macrumors member

It's relieving to know that I'm not the only one experiencing this. My iTunes Match was working fine when I initially installed iOS 7. But there was this one single album that wasn't showing artwork — which happened to be an album I've been listening to a lot. I had figured out a little workaround for issues like that, but it occasionally requires an iTunes Match on/off toggle.

That's when all my life's problems began. First it wasn't "taking" my toggle off. Then when it finally decided to, and I turned it back on, I'm stuck at it Loading iTunes Match.

I really hope you guys are right and it's a slow server issue. Either way, it's ******** that it's happening.

7. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Turn off iTunes Match and sync with iTunes.

8. dmylrea macrumors 68000

dmylrea

Nope. If I turn it off, it just turns itself back on. :mad:

9. admiral0912 macrumors newbie

Getting the same issue as the rest of you guys. iTunes Match does not load, at all, for me. I got it once, but it was only showing my Purchased songs/albums/artists/etc. It refused to show any of my personal uploads, which make up most of my 7700 songs.

Also, something I read from a different thread and noticed myself, iTunes 11.1 has the iCloud logo, next to the Library Section chooser thingamabob, constantly loading. It has the barred lines going through it over and over. Just thought I would mention that. It definitely cannot be an iOS problem, as I cannot listen to my iTunes Match music on my computer either.

I am able to shut off iTunes Match, but cannot load it. So, I am assuming that it is a server problem, at least for me. Have not run into the "ghost toggles" that many others have hit. Hopefully, everything will sort out soon enough.

10. MasterHowl macrumors 65816

MasterHowl

I had this exact same problem.

I totally emptied the music app when I installed iOS 7 because I wanted to start fresh with what songs I had saved on my phone. However, since turning iTunes Match back on, it's just stuck on "Loading iTunes Match…"

Luckily I'm not leaving the house today so I won't be needed it, but it's quite annoying! Maybe the servers are still being hammered…

Same. iTunes Match is also not working on my Mac running iTunes 11.1.

According to Apple, iTunes Match is working though, hmmmm.

http://www.apple.com/uk/support/systemstatus/

11. MasterHowl macrumors 65816

MasterHowl

*bump*

Anyone found a fix for this? Hope we don't have to wait until 7.0.1 for a fix :(

12. Amadeo macrumors member

13. big samm macrumors 65816

I too have the same problem.... Itunes match works on my mac but does not work anymore on my i5 and ipad 3 With ios 7... Real freaking annoying... But the radio works so i doubt it's a server problem... Any fix for this yet?

14. jocamero macrumors regular

I'm still having this problem. Anyone get this resolved?

I tried disabling/enabling iTunes Match on the iPhone without any success.

15. big samm macrumors 65816