iTunes Match and can't delete songs from iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Primejimbo, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I have iTunes Match and I have a few songs that showed up on my iPhone and I can't delete them. It won't let me swipe them to delete. All the others songs I can, but not these few. Any ideas what to do or how to fix it?

2. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Do they have the "cloud" icon next to them? Even if you delete a song from iTunes Match via your iPhone, it will remain. However, it can be re-downloaded from the cloud. The only way to permanently delete a song from the cloud is deleting it from your iTunes library - it gives you an option between deleting the file and/or deleting from the cloud.

3. Primejimbo thread starter macrumors 68040

No they don't. I have the "show all music" off also, so they are on the phone. My wife had this same issue with her iPod touch as well.

4. MacKai macrumors regular

MacKai

I have the same issue. iTunes Match put it on my phone on its own. I have not figured out how to delete it with maybe turning iTunes Match and restarting it.

5. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

Hmm..interesting. I've had iTunes Match since it came out and have had 0 problems with it. How about re-starting the iTunes Match process again? I mean, turn it off your phone and then turn on again. This may fix it and it also wipe all your music that's been locally stored.

6. CEmajr macrumors 601

Only way I've been able to do it was by going into the settings and going to usage and deleting all the music off the phone. I too noticed that iTunes Match decides to download some songs on its own to my Iphone without me selecting for it to do that.

7. Primejimbo, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013

Primejimbo thread starter macrumors 68040

That didn't work, but thanks. Just wondering, do you have your iPhone also syncing to a computer for photos and ringtones? I wonder if this is the issue that my Mac is sneaking some music on my iPhone?

For the most part, it's great. I have some album art issues and so far one cd was matched wrong. My wife had this issue, and my iPad. My iPad was easy because I resorted it and made sure the match was off.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this, it's like the songs "leak". I wouldn't care if I was able to delete the songs, but I can't. I fixed my wife's iPod the same way as you said, I was trying to avoid it, but seems no other way.

Thank you all!

8. Ludatyk macrumors 65816

Ludatyk

As far as I know iTunes Match wasn't designed to delete songs from iDevices, which would be a great idea.

Only way I know of is to delete it from a Mac or PC.