iTunes Match and Genius Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by knospebd, Jan 22, 2016.

1. knospebd macrumors newbie

Please forgive me if this has been covered already, but after searching for some time I can't seem to find a definitive answer...

I recently subscribed to iTunes match after spending an awful lot of time finally importing my old collection of CDs to iTunes. I was really excited at the prospect of having access to all of these album on the go with minimal impact on the memory of my iPhone 6+. Everything went well and the music is there and streams/downloads just fine -- I am aware that as I use it more and more I'll have to clear the cache to fee memory.

My problem/question is this: I cannot get the "Create Genius Playlist" option to work on the iPhone, which was one the features I was most excited about using to reconnect with my old library of music. Every time I attempt to use this function I receive a message saying the song doesn't have enough related songs to create a playlist. The library is 6,000+ songs strong and I have tried this on many songs both obscure and popular.

Does the Genius feature only work with Match with songs that are downloaded locally to the iPhone?

I have tried syncing, rebooting, cycling Match on/off, and have come to my wits end... Any help here would be tremendously appreciated.

2. knospebd thread starter macrumors newbie