iTunes Match and IOS 6

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by mtracmic, Sep 20, 2012.

1. mtracmic macrumors newbie

This is what I find the most frustrating about the update, match is not working at all. No matter what I have tried, aside from re-installing 6, I get a cloud for 5 min or more and an empty library that plays nothing when I start up music. I will take any advice that is out there on this. So much for streaming.

2. Deako macrumors 6502

Sorry, my iTunes match is working fine. :confused:

3. marecej macrumors newbie

same here, just the cloud and empty progress bar
    I even tried to disable match and sync music from itunes, but that didn't work either

4. hauntedcity macrumors member

hauntedcity

What device is giving you problems?

I have an iPad 2, and iTunes Match seems to be working fine.

I also have an iPhone 4, and Match is a MESS. All of the playlists on the phone are blank. I can select the playlist, but there are no tracks in it. It looks like songs that were previously downloaded are still there, but I couldn't download anything new. So, then I tried to turn off iTunes Match, only to find that I can't! In iOS 6, it apparently has to get turned off in 2 places in Settings: App Store and Music. I've tried to turn it off in both places, tried loaded songs directly from iTunes on my computer, tried restarting the phone several times, but nothing works. The Music app still shows all those blank playlists. What a mess. Has anyone else seen this issue?

5. almonde macrumors regular

Same for me, decided to restore from iTunes. This is my first update that has caused an issue and i've had iOS devices since iPhone OS :(

6. HeyKatie macrumors 6502

7. mtracmic thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok so match is hit or miss. Does anyone know if restoring from iTunes fixes the problem?

8. TimShady macrumors member

Does anyone know how to download individual songs or delete songs straight from the iPhone? The only button I see is the iCloud button to download an entire album. Maybe I'm missing something.

9. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

It was broken when I updated too. I had to restore from backup to get it working again.

10. DocNYz macrumors 6502a

DocNYz

I had the same issue and just let it sit charging on wifi with music app open for a while and then all of a sudden it just started working. Progress bar never changed but I could at least see data was being used via wifi. I have like 60+ gigs of music so it prob just took a while to process all the song titles etc. 64GB 4S. 5 tomorrow :)

11. Enco macrumors member

Seems like Apple messed that up. I see no reason why they would remove such obvious features.

12. TimShady macrumors member

With iCloud enabled you can't manage your music through iTunes sync, so that means once you download music on your phone it's impossible to get it back off at this point? That's a problem...

13. Enco macrumors member

You can delete all songs in the usage section of the settings but that's ridiculous.

Not sure if disabling Match helps but you shouldn't have to do that.

14. jloafer macrumors newbie

i have the same problem:(

i have the same problem. all of my artists are there and my albums but the songs are all blank. i was on the phone with apple for over an hour and they have no idea what is going on. the only thing i can think of is that if you look at the requirements for icloud is IOS 5. so im not sure if they updated icloud for IOS 6...at least for the iphone 4.

15. Trager macrumors member

Do you have multiple Apple IDs, by any chance? I saw a similar behavior when I upgraded my iPad -- the playlists and album info seemed to all be there, but I couldn't get any music to actually play. The issue turned out to be that the upgrade assumed that my iCloud Apple ID was also the one for iTunes Match, which isn't the case (my Apple ID for music predates MobileMe).

Man, I wish Apple would fix that and let us merge accounts already.

16. jloafer macrumors newbie

no i have just the one. i have 100 gigs of music in icloud and it was working perfectly before i updated. im going to try to restore my phone when i get home tonight.

17. parish macrumors 65816

parish

One annoying thing I've spotted.

In Album view, in iOS5, any albums that hadn't been d/l from the cloud (either wholly or partially) had the iCloud icon (cloud with a down-arrow on it) next to the name - if you have Show All Music turned on - but in iOS6 you have to tap the album to switch to the track list in order to see if the album is d/l or not. WTF use is that?

18. Ripcord macrumors newbie

Same for me. If I hit any button it seemed to interrupt the process and I'd just end up with a mostly-empty library. Letting it sit until it was done seemed to resolve the issue.

19. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

I've been having the same problem on my iPhone 4. I'm leaving it open now to see if your idea works - hope it does! Can't wait for the 5 to get here...

20. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Having no ability to delete downloaded songs (plus having to re-download my entire local library one ----ing track at a time) means that iTunes Match is officially broken for me.

Thanks, Apple.

21. parish macrumors 65816

parish

I'm beginning to think that the majority - if not all - of the problems with Match are at Apple's end, i.e. the software driving the servers.

We've been through several minor iTunes and iOS upgrades, and now a major iOS upgrade and still the old, old problem of random missing album artwork exists.

If not that, then the problem is rooted in iTunes and we'll have to wait for iTunes 11 for everything to be fixed.

22. ninja.cupid macrumors newbie

blank video playlist after updating to iOS6

I recently updated my iphone 4S with the iOS6 update & everything got restored back successfully except for the photo albums which were not in my "camera roll" but whatever I backed it up previously so I got it back. NOW the most important aspect of my iphone that keeps me occupied at the gym is my "music" playlist that contains videos I watch while doing long strenuous routines on the ellipitcal & treadmill. All of my playlists work fine except the few playlists I designated for videos. The name of the playlist shows up on my iphone but when i go to open the playlist, it's blank. When I plug it into the computer, I can view the list of videos in my playlist with no problem, so it's there in my iphone but NOT VISIBLE. The only other time it's visible is when I trick my iphone into thinking I'm adding music to the playlist which contain my videos, it'll display the the "videos" on my playlist while in "edit" mode & once I hit the "done" button, boom, disappears again. How can I fix this? This is the #1 priority over everything else on my iphone. Please help.

23. Ripcord macrumors newbie

I agree to most of that, but why are you having to download one track at a time?

24. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

I may be stating the obvious, but you have it enabled right?
    It's not under iCloud (because it's not part of iCloud)
    In the settings for music, there is a enable/disable switch.