iTunes Match and iOS 7.0.3 update

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by sportsplayer612, Oct 22, 2013.

1. sportsplayer612 macrumors newbie

Has anyone had any issues with the new update and itunes match?

I updated to 7.0.3 over the air through wifi and when the phone restarted after the update, I noticed that out of the 3300 songs I previously had on my phone prior to updating now only 700 songs are on my phone. So the update deleted 2600 songs off my phone. So now I am in the process of downloading 2600 songs yet again, since with iOS 7 you can no longer sync the iphone to the computer with itunes match off and then turn on itunes match and have all the songs on the phone.

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I'm pretty sure you also couldn't sync songs to the phone via iTunes with iTunes Match enabled in iOS 6.

After my OTA update from 7.0.2 to 7.0.3 I still have 66 songs on zee phone.

3. sportsplayer612 thread starter macrumors newbie

To save time on iOS 6, rather than hitting download all songs on the iphone which would take 10 hours or more, I would sync the phone with iTunes and it would take maybe 45 minutes (with iTunes match off). Then i would turn on iTunes match and it would determine which tracks were on the device and if any weren't i would download those. So it was a big time saver. But now with iOS 7 you can only download songs through the phone and wifi.

4. Rigby macrumors 601

I have a similar issue. 568 songs before (synced via iTunes), after turning on Match just 132. I synced by playlists and noticed that only one of the playlists has synced completely, all the others are missing songs.
    I think it's supposed to be still possible (after all some of the songs stay on the phone), it's just not working correctly due to bugs.

5. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

I still have all of my music on iTunes match. I don't download but stream to my phone when I want them.

They all appear on my lists in music just fine.

6. Rigby macrumors 601

I think you misunderstand. Of course the whole library in the cloud is still visible on the phone when you turn on the "show all music" option. But we're talking about songs stored on the phone.

7. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I am definitely corn-fused. I managed my songs the same way and I didn't know that it's no longer possible in iOS 7. I'll go give it a try after the wife hauls out the feedbag and I'm done chewing my cud.

8. sportsplayer612 thread starter macrumors newbie

All 3300 songs show up on my iPhone after updating to 7.0.3, but were not locally on the phone. Only 700 songs were actually downloaded to the phone after the update, while 2600 songs were deleted locally off the phone.

Ideal/easy way to set up iTunes match on iOS 6:

No songs downloaded locally on phone. Turn off iTunes match. Sync all 3300 songs to the iPhone using iTunes and the lightning cable. This takes less than an hour. Turn on iTunes match. iTunes match determines which songs are on the phone and which ones aren't, but since all songs were synced via the cable, all songs are good to go. Proceed using iTunes match.

Only way to set up iTunes match on iOS 7 as of right now:

No songs downloaded locally on phone. Turn on iTunes match. Create a playlist that contains all music. Hit download all songs. Wait forever until all 3300 songs download locally to the phone.

I would stream all my music instead of downloaded them all, but I am capped at 2GB per month and already go over every month so I would rather use up my 64gb storage and download them all.

9. Rigby macrumors 601

But what's the point of using Match on the phone if you download *all* your songs anyway? :confused: I usually only have a small subset of my library on my phone that I'm most likely to listen to, but use Match to stream/download more songs if necessary.

10. sportsplayer612 thread starter macrumors newbie

I use it merely for the fact that all my songs are stored in the cloud. It is a good backup solution for $25 a year. Also, it syncs all my playlists between my iPhone, Macbook Air and PC iTunes. So any changes I make, or deletions, they all sync between all my devices. So for me its nice to have the ability to manage all my libraries one time rather than updating all libraries.

11. Rigby macrumors 601

Ah, yes, that makes sense.

I'm generally pretty happy with Match (renewed it just recently), but the Music app in iOS 7 is way too buggy and should have never been released in its current state.

12. sportsplayer612 thread starter macrumors newbie

I agree. I like the new design, but there are too many bugs. The fact that I have no choice but to download all 3300 songs and wait 12 hours or more is ridiculous, when before all I had to do was sync them via the cable. I was also hoping they would fix the issue where when you are in artist view in the music app and you're scrolling through albums, if you click the shuffle icon next to an album title, it doesn't shuffle that specific album. It shuffles all songs from that artist.

13. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

For me it worked the same as it always has. Tonight I:

1. Confirmed I had songs locally on phone
    2. Turned off iTunes Match
    3. Disabled Music Sync in iTunes
    4. Synced with iTunes to remove all songs from phone
    5. Turned on Music Sync
    6. Synced 20 songs to phone via iTunes
    7. Turned on iTunes Match
    8. 25 songs still on phone
    9. Turned on Show All Music
    10. 25 songs still on phone
    Sorry, I don't know what to tell you on why yours behaves differently.