iTunes Match and low quality music

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by johnkree, Jun 23, 2015.

1. johnkree macrumors newbie

Hello!

I signed up to iTunes Match yesterday. The main reason wasn't about syncing but I have a lot of low quality files from CD Rips and I wanted to upgrade them...

So it worked fine for some of the albums but on most of them a single random file wasn't found in iTunes although the whole album is on the iTunes Store.
    Match now uploaded those low quality files to the iCloud instead.

I tried to delete those files and used several tutorials I found but nothing worked. Even if I delete my files from iCloud and wait for 24 hours when I add one of those files and redownload them, it is still my low quality file.

So I have about 20 albums where all songs have iTunes quality thanks to Match but on everyone of them there are one or two songs with 128kb/s that still sound like crap.

Is there any way around this?

2. WJKramer macrumors 6502

Sounds like iTunes was unable to find a match for those songs. I have had that problem before. You are kinda SOL because it will just keep uploading that lower quality version. If you still have the CDs I would just rip them again. Otherwise you can try and "find" them online and try the match again. That has worked for me in the past.