iTunes Match and Music Videos and iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Silverbird0000, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Silverbird0000 macrumors 6502a

I have iTunes Match finally working perfectly after months of frustration with the beta. I have noticed though that it only has music videos that I have purchased from the iTunes Store available from the cloud. It did not upload music videos I have that are not in the store. But when I go to the music tab in iTunes when the iPhone is plugged in, there is no option to sync them while iTunes Match is enabled. If I can't sync any of my music videos that are not in the cloud, that might be a deal breaker. Does anyone know how to make this work? Short of changing the video tag from music video to movie or tv show to make it work, I can't figure it out.

2. deeddawg, Oct 19, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2011

deeddawg macrumors 604

3. Silverbird0000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I read that. I am a paid developer and have iTunes 10.5.1 with iTunes Match. It works great for all my music on my iPhone and iPad. But my question is what about music videos. They have traditionally been synced to an iOS device from the music tab in iTunes. But when you have iTunes Match turned on, the music tab in iTunes when you click on the iOS device is not usable. I can access music videos that were purchased through the iTunes Store, but not ones I obtained elsewhere and there is no option as of yet to sync them.