iTunes match and song longer than 8 hrs

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by vicviper789, Mar 24, 2016.

1. vicviper789 macrumors newbie

I recently upgraded from an iPhone 4s on 5.1.1 (yep!) to an 6S+ and iOS9.3. I also subscribed to iTunes match but combined with the god awful music app is a nightmare to figure out.

I prefer to drag and drop songs from iTunes to the phone but it appears if you have itunes match enabled, you must download the songs though iCloud instead of using itunes. But itunes match does not allow songs longer than 8 hours or 200MB. When I disable itunes match on the phone, it does something weird and removes a bunch of songs that were downloaded but leaves other songs. I can then drag and drop the 8 hour song into the phone and itunes "updates" the songs that were removed but doesn't transfer the 8 hour song.

How am I supposed to transfer this thing? I have plenty of room and it is an mp3 file. I have transferred similar songs before getting itunes match.

2. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

8 hour song?

can you zip it and then transfer?

3. Tech198, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016

Tech198 macrumors G4

one song ? must be relaxation music or something... otherwise it would be multiple tracks u can split up with Audacity.

You are not forced to use iTunes Match or Apple music....

https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT201253

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

I've got two tracks like this. Trance trip hop type. To resolve it I split the song into multiple 30 minute long tracks then made them into a gapless album.

5. kch50428 macrumors 6502

kch50428

You can sync from iTunes and have iTunes Match if you know what you're doing.