ITunes Match and Syncing.....

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jrlcopy, Aug 24, 2013.

1. jrlcopy macrumors 6502

jrlcopy

So not sure if this is by design, but here's my issue, I'm out and about, download a bunch of my songs via iTunes Match on my iPhone. Then later I get home, sync my phone and bam, iTunes syncing decides to rip off all my iTunes Match music that I just downloaded. And then I get to redownload it again, thru my phone.

Is this how apple designed the software or is there a checkbox that I can turn on to let apple stop removing my matched music?

2. soundsgoodtome macrumors regular

soundsgoodtome

It's unclear what your problem is.

- What do you mean by "rip off"? Are you implying that your music was stolen? Or simply removed?

- What do you mean, when you say you "get to" redownload it again? The phrase "get to" implies a privilege, (e.g., I "get to" go swimming tomorrow). But that clearly seems wrong for the context.

- Finally, how do you download something "thru" your phone?

Obviously you're frustrated, but the words you've chosen simply do not clearly convey what you experienced. Try explaining your problem, once again, using precise language, then someone may be better able to assist you. :)

3. jrlcopy thread starter macrumors 6502

jrlcopy

Sorry when I say "Rip off", I mean iTunes removes the music while it's syncing. As in "It rip's it off of my device".

I was being sarcastic with the term "get to".

And the word "thru" is the informal spelling of through, which is actually in the dictionary.

Yes I am aware of my sarcastic tone, I'm frustrated with all the programming problems that apple products tend to have.

For instance, another issue is that I download podcasts on both my itunes and my phone, but when my phone syncs with itunes instead of checking that the podcast file already exists and it doesn't need to sync it, it syncs it both directions, so every podcast in itunes now is listed twice (multiple copies of the same file, just twice as much disk space), and on my phone.

4. soundsgoodtome macrumors regular

soundsgoodtome

I've never seen iTunes remove purchased music from a device. Are you not using Automatic Downloads? Whenever I purchase a song on my phone, it automatically gets downloaded to all of my devices, as well as on iTunes on each of my computers. No need to sync for that to happen.

But since you're syncing manually, are you sure you're using the same Apple ID on both the device and in iTunes? I happen to have two IDs (not by choice; Apple won't merge them), so I have to make sure I'm using the right one for the right task.

I'm aware that "thru" is an informal spelling of "through." I meant that I didn't understand what you meant by downloading something through your phone. I guess you meant "on." Again -- I just wanted to make sure I understand what you were describing.

Why not just enable Automatic Downloads? :)

5. jrlcopy thread starter macrumors 6502

jrlcopy

It's not when I'm buying, it's just when I try and download an "iTunes Match" song. Say I wanted to listen to Kanye while out and about, on my phone I'd hit the Download Cloud icon, download the track or album, but after I sync my phone with my computer later, iTunes removes that downloaded track from my phone.

Yeah meant "on" my phone.