iTunes Match beta not working?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dukeace2094, Aug 29, 2011.

1. dukeace2094 macrumors regular

Hey guys if anyone else has purchased the beta for iTunes Match, I could use a little help. My brother and i have encountered the same problem where I will be able to get past step 1 then it seems as if step 2 is going well until all of a sudden the whole process restarts itself. This is happening over and over again. Any help? Could it have to do with some of my music being download from elsewhere?

2. frunkis54 macrumors 65816

frunkis54

same thing happening to me:(

3. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

No.

Could it have to do with the fact that it's in beta?

Yes.

4. tdmurphy macrumors newbie

I have made it to step 3 where it starts uploading tracks it could not match. Unfortunately, out of 2000 songs it could only match 200, even though nearly all of the songs in my library can be found in the store and are tagged correctly. Considering I wanted to use iTunes match to upgrade most of my library, this is unfortunate :p. Hopefully they improve the matching and I will have a way to rescan my library.

5. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Remove all voice memos.
    Make sure there are no *.aif files

If that doesn't work trash the library.itl and genius.itl files.

Restart iTunes and try again.

6. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

Yeah, I've got about 3500 songs and it seems to have matched 10% or less. I'll try peace's advice and see if that helps.

7. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

I tried deleting the library files, removing voice memos, and got rid of all .aif files like Peace suggested. I had better results, but still not good. It might have recognized twice as many songs, but still less than 200 out of 3500.

I hope it's going to be better than that when it gets rolled out to the public. Even a lot of my older iTunes store purchases (AAC Protected) weren't recognized. It's really strange.

8. joeloeffler macrumors newbie

Deleted Library.itl

Hello: I deleted the library.itl file - however, after restarting iTunes there is no music. I realize that I did not delete the actual mp3 files - but where did it all go and is there an easy way to repopulate the library?