iTunes match, can I download all?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Intarweb, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Intarweb macrumors 6502a

I was thinking about getting iTunes match to get some higher quality rips of songs I encoded a long time ago in 128 and lower to fit on smaller iPods. Is it possible for me to get iTunes Match for one year, match my songs, then download them all for local storage at the higher quality? I've been wanting to reencode my CDs but it's such a lengthy PIA.

2. bushido Suspended

bushido

yes you can but be careful sometimes iTunes Match makes mistakes and you end up with instrumental versions of your songs ^^

3. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

and ive noticed issues where it doesnt always "match" the quality and keeps it as the lower quality you originally had.

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I made a Smart Playlist with the criteria of "iCloud Status is Matched" and "Kind does not contain Matched", which showed me all of the songs that had been matched but where I had not downloaded the matched versions yet. You can do that, delete all of the songs in the playlist (leave them on iCloud, of course), and then you have a single click button to download them all again. Avoids redownloading the uploaded songs as well.

jW