iTunes Match Cellular Data Off ignored?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by macklos, Sep 19, 2012.

1. macklos macrumors member

macklos

Noticed today with iTunes Match that songs were still being downloaded even though General/Cellular/iTunes is off, iTunes & App Stores/Use Cellular Data is off, and Music/Use Cellular Data is off.
    I'm still on a unlimited data so not a big deal for me. Hope no one else with limited data is screwed by this.

2. Cell-666 macrumors 6502

Yeah I have. Seems the new version of the app is buggy. With cellular of and wifi on the player just shows the cloud icon. But turn cell on it loads. With match off you can still download your collection. This is another cock up from Apple :( what are they doing.

----------

Ah the bug is match works fine with cellular, but as soon as you turn wifi on it just sits with the cloud icon and the loading bar but nothing happens.

3. don13 macrumors newbie

Yes, I've seen this as well. I am on a limited 200mb plan and only noticed this when I got a message from AT&T saying I've used 65% of my allotted data. I'll have to be more careful on when I start downloading an album until they fix this.

4. kalemkea macrumors newbie

I'm having the same thing with both my iphone 5's. Talking to Apple they didn't know about it. Basically wiped out my data for the month, in less than 3 days because of this bug.

Escalated to Apple, they have engineering looking into it.

On top of it AT&T gave me a $50 credit for the overage.

5. gbnyc macrumors newbie

Just happened to me too. I have "unlimited" (i.e. AT&T throttles at 5MB) and evidently burned through it all in 3 days because of this bug: started downloading a playlist over WiFi and it just continued to download after I left.

AT&T said that they cannot stop the throttling under any circumstances, so I'm stuck with that for the remaining 25 days of my billing cycle. Apple phone support and Genius Bar just noted that it's really too bad.

Grrrr.

6. TyWahn macrumors 6502

TyWahn

This happened in iOS 5 as well. It made me exceed my 200 MB limit. I was hoping it would get fixed in iOS 6. I guess not.

7. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

So with data off they should stay in the cloud and not be downloaded to the phone and take up memory correct?