iTunes Match Constantly Going "offline"

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by chrisworld, Aug 20, 2014.

1. chrisworld macrumors member

Hey guys. I have a June 2012 MacBook Air. It's currently running the latest updates to OS X Mavericks and the latest iTunes. But the problem I've been having goes back almost all the way since I've had the computer, even since I had iTunes match before this computer, back on my PC.

The issue is, iTunes match CONSTANTLY goes "offline" (lightning strike cloud icon) and will not reconnect until I either sign out or turn off iTunes match, then "re-add) it.

There are 1-2 week stretches where it just works (the way it's supposed to, god forbid). And then MONTH long stretches where it does this disconnect nonsense every time I close the iTunes.app.

I have tried just about everything in my power to try and resolve this issue, and nothing has helped. Sometimes I can't even get it to connect after trying to re-add it, and the only way to remedy that has been to delete the entire iTunes folder so it removes the database files, etc, and then it works.

I am no stranger to how smooth MOST Apple products are, and no stranger to how a slew of some of their products require ridiculous workarounds like this, almost all the time.

Some folks I talk to do not have this issue, and have NEVER heard of this issue before. One would think that I've done everything I could to resolve it, but that doesn't seem to be the case; why me? Why do I have this problem that I can't get rid of? It is like a disease.

Does anyone else here have an issue similar to this?

2. Miguel760 macrumors member

The same thing happened with my MacBook Pro. I got tired of it and just moved my music collection over from my external hard drive. Good luck.