itunes match - deleting and re-downloading

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by James Godfrey, Oct 15, 2012.

1. James Godfrey macrumors regular

Hi all

Have just subscribed to itunes match, and its still in the process of uploading albums and artwork.

Just wondering, once complete is it a good idea to completely delete my iTunes music library and re-download it all from the cloud? As they will be in higher quality etc...?

Thanks

James

2. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I don't think it works like that. If you delete and album of you Mac/PC it will vanish from the cloud*.

*I think.

3. James Godfrey thread starter macrumors regular

Thats a bit poo lol

4. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

haha. I'm not 100% though. Give it a go on an album you're not keen on.

I would try it but I'm at work :(

I guess you could download all the music on a different machine and then transfer it back to the original machine. mmmmm

5. adnbek macrumors 65816

adnbek

Incorrect. If you delete them, you can choose to leave them or not in iCloud.

Then you can redownload them. I did this with ALL my songs. That way they've all been upgraded to a better quality version of what I had. The matched songs that is. The ones that were uploaded are an identical copy.

6. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

I would be careful about doing this as Matched songs are not always the same version of songs you own. It's just a mathematical match and sometimes the 'match' is a little off. :p

7. adnbek macrumors 65816

adnbek

Yeah I know. I first kept a backup of the originals... but so far all the songs have been matched perfectly.

8. bushido Suspended

bushido

indeed and i noticed it a little too late. some of my songs are instrumentals now