iTunes Match - do "uploaded" songs count towards my iCloud 5gb?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by arcsbite, Dec 16, 2011.

1. arcsbite Guest

itunes matched about 10,000 of my 16,500 songs and it says it will upload the rest
    will these files be included/account towards my 5gb iCloud allowance?

cheers

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

No - it doesn't count towards the 5GB limit. It counts towards the 25,000 song limit. Unlimited purchased song storage, 25,000 either uploaded or matched.

3. arcsbite thread starter Guest

So I can upload/match up to 25,000 and on top of that anythingI buy from iTunes?
    that's pretty awesome.

for some reason I had it in my head that it was this but also anything they didn't match that had to be uploaded was taken from your iCloud storage

so basically £21.99 a year to be able to listen to my music anywhere I have signal without the need for storage or a remote server of my own, I'm impressed.

4. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Yeah, that's what everyone thought when it first came out, but it turns out that Apple decided to be really generous :). Gotta admit - they're probably not making a dime from the deal (all towards the record companies), but it's a brilliant way to draw people into the iTunes Store ecosystem.