iTunes Match Down Ahead of Apple Music Launch? (Possible merge?)

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by djcode24, Jun 29, 2015.

1. djcode24 macrumors member

djcode24

Does anyone think that iTunes Match will be a part of the Apple Music service launching tomorrow? since there is an iCloud Music Library now wont that mean unlimited uploads with Apple Music now?

2. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Nope. If you want to just use iTunes Match and not pay for streaming, you can. But if you want to use Apple Music, you pay $10/month and you can upload 25,000 of your own songs and have access to them. This is at least what I understand from Eddy Cue's tweets and a couple of articles I read today. It also sounds like those song limits might be 100,000 in iOS 9.

3. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

so conversely if I was on ITunes Match but let it lapsed , will joining Apple Music, get me access to those previously matched songs ?

4. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

This is what I'm wondering. My iTunes Match is supposed to automatically supposed to renew tomorrow. Not sure if I should let it because of the free trial, and possibly even buying into Apple Music.