iTunes match downloads

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by jamesdunn72, Oct 17, 2014.

1. jamesdunn72 macrumors newbie

So I got my 6+ yesterday and decided to download all my itunes match songs to my device, I got 4000 songs and started the download last night. Right now for some reason I've got 6800 songs remaining to download (not sure how itunes came up with that number), but is there any way to delete all these pending downloads from the itunes store app?

2. idsoftware macrumors member

idsoftware

ITUNES MAtch

Hi People.

I just downloaded the latest version of Itunes and guess what I cannot match more music.

not only that I cannot play music while Itumes Match is looking for a result....

this is annoying... kinda would like to go back to previous version of Itunes.

any workaround guys?

thanks

ID

3. nafizur macrumors regular

4. idsoftware macrumors member

idsoftware

contact apple.... yea right.

I already contacted apple and they came up emtpy issue persist.

we ran diagnostics for apple, stopped and restarted apple services also I had to reboot the computer (aka is Win...) also uninstalled and reinstalled the itunes software. but still...

5. burgman macrumors 65816

burgman

I had exactly the same problem with my 6+. Funny even have close to same number of songs and ghost songs. After support calls and all of their fixes not working, this is what I did. My IMac has all of my music on it. I turned match off on both, unchecked sync music in iTunes, then restarted IMac and phone. It took three syncs to remove ghost music from phone. There would be a small number of songs in the status bar in iTunes, but zero songs on the phone in usage. If you look in music folder in iTunes on phone there are many greyed out songs, ghost songs. Others have done phone restore, that didn't work for me until I turned match off and put a stake though it's black apple heart. I didn't have this problem until I downloaded some match music. Hope it is a result of all of the changes Yosemite and cloud drive and will be fixed.

6. mcvite macrumors member

mcvite

My iphone 6 plus installed all of my itunes songs onto mine,had no issues at all.plus when i open up itunes all of my songs are there as well.

7. Scubadiver macrumors member

Scubadiver

What am I missing here - you have iTunes Match, and you are downloading all the songs to your devices? Why?

8. uhaas macrumors 6502

uhaas

Because some people like to listen to music offline, like on a plane or area with weak/no cell coverage.

9. deviant macrumors 65816

It might sound strange to you, and to me as well, but 16gb owners are not the only ones using Match ;) some people use it just because it's easier than connecting thru usb and syncing every time ;)