iTunes match hangs on uploads, also crashing a ton

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gianthobbit, Feb 20, 2012.

1. gianthobbit macrumors 6502

I got iTunes match on my 2011 MacBook air and it uploaded all the songs except about 600 or so. They just hang there endlessly. It eventually eats up memory and I can hear the fan spool up. You actually have to force close iTunes to get your computer back.

I thought this must have been a unique issue since quick glances at the form did no indicate it was a rampant issue. However, just got a new iMac and same exact issue is happening.

The worst part is that iTunes has become so unstable and crashes ALL the time. We use a 2nd gen Apple TV for all entertainment and you can imagine how annoy this would be. Having 3-5 crashes per day.

Sorry for the long rant. At a lost on what to do. Brought this in to the Apple store and they just said its a known issue, there working on a fix. At this point I have to disable Match, not sure what else to do. Anyone got any ideas. I am debating identifying the 600ish songs that won't upload and deleting them or something...

2. gianthobbit thread starter macrumors 6502

iTunes crashes when accessing via aTV

This just started happening recently. I have a huge TV and movie library but this has never been an issue before.

What happens is it shows up, I click on the computer, go to TV or Movies and it crashes iTunes. Does not do it every time, but happens enough (>50% of the time).

Do I wait for a new version, roll back to an old one? What can I do?

3. gianthobbit thread starter macrumors 6502

4. WishIWasHere macrumors regular

I have no idea of what a fix might be, but I thought you might appreciate knowing that you're not alone at least. I've got a buddy who's been having these same kinds of issues and it's incredibly frustrating to him. He's running Windows 7 on a crappy Dell laptop though.

5. gianthobbit thread starter macrumors 6502

It would appear that it is a corrupt iTunes of some type then. I might try a unisntall/reinstall but that would be a bunch of work...

Or I might wait for the new aTV today and update to iTunes that will most likely come with it before trying that.

Thanks, if anyone else has any pointers would appreciate it!

6. kokako macrumors regular

I had the same problem drove me nuts, I turned off iTunes match signed out of the iTunes and signed back in turned on iTunes Match it resumed and eventually uploaded those last 4000 songs.