iTunes Match ... have they fixed the conflicts/resetting yet?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by benguild, Oct 21, 2011.

1. benguild macrumors 6502a

The reason I quit the iTunes Match beta was because I was sick of having my library undo changes I'd just made. Literally, I had an Excel spreadsheet making logs of tag or playlist changes, since iTunes would usually undo them automatically based on the version stored in iCloud. It drove me crazy.

Also, if I added a song to iTunes by accident (say MP3 download in Safari that I wanted to play, not download ... then iTunes opens it automatically ...) it would be stuck in iCloud forever. Absurd!

Have these fixed these things? Or is this expected behavior of the new version? *sigh*

2. benguild thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just wondering if there are any chances with most recent betas.

3. madmod20061 macrumors newbie

Yes. Stuff is no longer stuck in the cloud forever. You can delete a song by deleting it twice, once for the physical file and once for the cloud version. It will ask you to verify before deleting from the cloud.

4. lowonthe456 macrumors 6502

so will this thing be ready in the near future?

5. mactmaster macrumors 6502

It doesn't seem to be altering any data at all. It keeps whatever tags you had on your original tracks.

6. benguild thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's good ...
    But what about playlists? The playlists kept reverting whenever I would change them before. Drove me crazy.

7. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

Even on tracks it "matches" in the cloud versus uploading?

8. mactmaster macrumors 6502

Playlists do not revert, they are updated correctly.

Yes even matched tracks keep the tags of your original files.

9. nosaj72 macrumors member

Does anyone know if this includes the Sound Check data? I use a 3rd party utility (iVolume) to make sure the Sound Check values are equal across albums, and I was wondering if iCloud was going to screw this up.