iTunes match help

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by eddtr1, Oct 4, 2012.

1. eddtr1 macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I wasnt sure where to put this so if it is in the wrong section I apologise.

Anyho - I bought a subscription to iTunes match 4 days ago and the macmini did its thing and went through all of my music. I am using Mountain Lion and the latest iTunes version. I enabled the iclpud staus colum and everything was matched or uploaded.

Now on my iphone 5 (ios6) and ipad 1 (ios5) i have enabled itunes match. I can see all of my music but if I click on any it just skips - and then it keeps skipping until it finds a sond that I purchased directly from the itunes store. The rest of the music was ripped from CD's. On the main pc I can play music fine, mainly because the physical file is on my hard drive. I deleted an album and it reappeared through itunes match I tried to play it and it wouldnt. I tried to download it and an error pops up error 5002!

anyone know whats going on or have I just wasted 21 quid.

Thanks

2. ra4oasis macrumors 6502

ra4oasis

I'd turn iTunes Match off on all your devices, and in iTunes. Then turn it back on one by one. I've had some small bugs before, but that typically helps fix things. On a side-note, once you DO get it working, it's great. I love having my entire library available all the time on all of my devices.

3. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I agree.

Now iTunes match for Movies and TV Shows and I will be a happy man!

4. VeryQueasy macrumors newbie

Have you agreed to the new terms and conditions from a couple of days ago? If you haven't, the songs will do exactly as you describe in your post. If you go in the app store and attempt to buy something (I did a song) the terms and agreements will come up. Once you accept, it will work fine.

5. eddtr1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope, I think i accepted the new terms and conditions when i updated to ios6.

I have turned itunes match off on all my devices still not working. I tuned it on on the main mac and i switched on the icloud status column all are matched or uploaded - When i deleted the a matched album it came back as a icloud album i tried to play and it skipped every song until it got to one which was physically on my hard drive. I just dont know what to do. Unless it was purchased direct from iTunes it just wont download or stream!

6. eddtr1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Its all working now,

No idea why - maybe it took a week to upload - although i only have 1000 songs uploaded everything else is matched. Now I have it I am very happy, I was very close to asking for my money back.

Still not sure why it wasnt working in the first place though.