[iTunes Match] How to convert Explicit songs to Clean?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by teehawk, Jul 5, 2013.

1. teehawk macrumors newbie

How do I convert "Explicit" songs into the "Clean" versions using iTunes Match? I have heard of it happening to people on accident but I want to do it intentionally. Does it only work if the song has the iTunes "Explicit" label? Or can I also do it from songs I have ripped form my cd collection?

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

CD versions are usually explicit, often the clean version is made for radio / promo single.

3. MacVibe macrumors regular

I wish itunes had a setting for this. With itunes random play on, when the boombox starts playing the non-radio version of gold digger in front of kids' friends (with their parents) it is quite embarrassing. I never thought about these things before I had kids and now I wonder exactly how the people who program this software deal with it. The kids love Kanye West, Black Eyes Peas, Nicki Minaj, etc., and the uber-popular radio versions are either not available, or are not "easily available with album purchase." Apple makes a lot of things easy, and maybe they'll add this simple feature to itunes at some point.

4. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Even with a clean version, how does one explain the lyric "I sent this girl a picture of my HEY."?

5. mentaluproar macrumors 68000

mentaluproar

Maybe she really likes hay? Don't be a prude.

6. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

Runaway is a great song, and I prefer the explicit version.