iTunes Match in 10.6

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bdspilot, Mar 10, 2012.

1. bdspilot macrumors newbie

Just updated to iTunes 10.6 and updated my itunes match and saw no difference not one single new song matched. These are songs I ripped form cds years ago like the Who and Yes. Half the songs on the albums matched the rest did not.

Has anyone seen improvements in Matching with the new iTunes.

2. hexonxonx macrumors 601

No. It still messes with my Complete Led Zeppelin and the Best of Kiss albums. It deletes the first two Led Zep songs and moves them to other parts of the album. On the Kiss album, it replaces two songs and uses two songs from Love Gun which then makes Love Gun incomplete and shows as missing those tracks instead because it's doing this stupid thing with duplicates. It's still a complete mess.

3. bdspilot thread starter macrumors newbie

4. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I should also add that in my post above, it's doing this stuff directly on my computer without me telling it. The changes are then reflected in the cloud. Yes, iTunes Match is deleting songs on my computer without my permission.

5. michael31986 macrumors 68030

itunes match does not delete songs automatically though. only when you delete it from your computer and than download the icloud version. which yes the icloud version can be different but icloud does not automatically replacesongs on your computer.