iTunes Match inventing playlists on my iPad

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by williamsonrg, Sep 19, 2013.

1. williamsonrg macrumors 6502

So sometime in the last week or so (pre-iOS 7 I think, but I don't listen to the music app much), I noticed playlists and albums appearing on my iPad that I've never seen before. I subscribe to iTunes Match, so they're all syncing with my computer, yet these don't appear anywhere on my Mac.

At first I thought, "I don't remember ever making that playlist." But now I know it's not just my memory. There are playlists called things like "Kenny's Mix"–I do not know a "Kenny" nor have I ever known a "Kenny." Isn't that incredibly bizarre? There are several examples like this.

Anybody else seen this? iTunes Match is totally down on my Mac thanks to 11.1, so I can't even check and see if they appear there to delete them.

I'm kinda creeped out by it. I don't want to listen to "Sally's Birthday Mix" when I don't even know Sally...

2. williamsonrg thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I'm an idiot.

Apparently my sister had signed in as me on her computer, unbeknownst to me (she lives across the country). Thus her computer became a part of my iTunes Match record. So now everything is kinda screwy, but I know why.