iTunes Match issue

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by MrDelux, Jun 27, 2012.

1. MrDelux macrumors newbie

I have noticed that songs i have uploaded to iTunes match, when being played on my iOS 6 device are very very very bad quality compared to those that were matched. I didn't notice this issue before iOS 6 but now I do. It seems that the song bit rate is less than 128 while the others are VBR or 320.

Anybody else seeing this issue?

2. bogatyr macrumors 65816

Are you downloading them to your phone or streaming them? I think their new streaming feature is optimized for matches since they have complete control of the file format but for uploaded files it might be different.

If you're just playing them then it is just streaming the music. It doesn't download the file when you play it now. You have to click the cloud icon to download it to your phone.

3. liquidsuns macrumors 6502

This is not true. It is downloading them just like it always has.

4. prtcool1193 Suspended

prtcool1193

also when you turn iTunes match on, it automatically deletes all your songs on your iPhone and forces you to manually download each album from iCloud...extremely annoying!

5. bogatyr macrumors 65816

6. MrDelux thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried streaming them first, and it was bad, then I tried clearing it all out and DOWNLOADING them and I still get bad sounding music on stuff that is uploaded to the cloud (i.e. leaked music) and stuff that is matched sounds great.

Thanks for your help

7. liquidsuns macrumors 6502

That video only shows two things; they removed the iCloud icon for individual songs and turning off iTunes Match deletes all the music.

Either they are testing pure streaming for some people and not others or it's simply not streaming as we all jumped into believing because the songs are most definitely downloading for me every time I play them. I know this because song count on device goes up when I "stream" a song, they can then be replayed while in airplane mode, deselecting "show all music" doesn't get rid of songs a just "streamed", indicating they are actually downloaded to the device, and the iCloud download button vanishes if I play all songs in an album.

But this video was a rush to judgement and doesn't prove anything.

8. bucksaddle macrumors 6502

Who stated it as a feature, Apple or a rumours website? It still downloads the music when you start a track in iTunes Match. To test it make sure you have no music downloaded on your phone, start a track (and let it finish) and then check Settings -> General -> Usage -> Storage. There will be a Music entry.
    As others have stated all they have done is removed the download icon from individual tracks.