itunes match labeling

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by tedesco24, Nov 18, 2012.

1. tedesco24 macrumors member

I just downsized to the 16GB iphone, and my current music library is about 23GB. I'm thinking of using itunes Match so I can have the library at my fingertips. My question is how does itunes Match identify and label my songs? And is the labeling permanent or can I tweak the labels?
    For example, I have a bunch of WWF entrance songs. To keep my itunes neat and organized, I labeled all of the artists and albums of these songs as WWE THEMES, rather than have an obscure artist I've never heard of, or artists like Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, etc. If Match recognizes one of these songs, will Match automatically assign it the proper artist name and album? And if so, can I change it back to what I'm familiar with?
    Same thing with movie soundtracks...I really don't know who sang the ROCKY theme, I just know that I can find it in my itunes under MOVIE THEMES...ROCKY.

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Match will keep all the data you've entered and won't change it. You can however change it yourself and iTunes Match will recognize it and update it to your devices.