iTunes Match - many songs suddenly greyed out

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by senrab, Aug 9, 2016.

1. senrab macrumors member

Within the last week, I have noticed that many of my songs are suddenly greyed out in that "waiting" phase and I can no longer play them. None of these songs were added to iTunes match or my iCloud Music Library recently. All of them were added at the time of my subscription in April 2015. I used to be able to play everything. I had no greyed out songs.

- I have no recent suspensions, payment failures etc. in my iTunes account
    - I subscribe to iTunes Match and (fyi, I do not subscribe to Apple Music). FWIW, none of these songs appear to be ones that I purchased from the iTunes store.
    - I am seeing the same problem on 2 devices (my work computer and my iPhone)
    - I have a 2010 Macbook Pro at home that is probably dying a slow painful death, is this machine the culprit? I have recently added music from this machine within the last few weeks but all of those songs are OK.
    - I never sync my iPhone to either of my computers. When I plug it in, it is only for the purposes of charging it. I always deny my computers access to the phone when the pop-up screen comes up.

Any ideas or am I SOL here? I tried everything, deauthorizing all my computers, updating Genius, signing out of iTunes, restarting iTunes, deauthorizing a computer from iCloud Music Library and re-adding it, blah blah blah. It's like all those songs are just floating out there, invisible forever. What a mess.

2. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Look in "songs" view and see if they're unchecked. For some reason they can uncheck themselves, and unchecked songs show up as greyed out.

3. senrab thread starter macrumors member

I tried that too. Nope.