Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alklha

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2012
iTunes Match is continually overwriting some of the metadata changes I make locally. For example, if I try to delete the lyrics from some of the tracks, then the lyrics will reappear next time that it syncs with iTunes match.

Is there any solution to this, or is it just something you have to deal with like the clean lyrics nonsense?

duky

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2007
North Carolina
I got rid of iTunes Match for this very reason. Never found a fix and I am pretty anal about my metadata so I couldn't take it anymore.

ReggaeFire

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2003
I got rid of iTunes Match for this very reason. Never found a fix and I am pretty anal about my metadata so I couldn't take it anymore.

Don't go anywhere near Amazon's match service then. They don't observe your metadata at all, aside from Artist and Song Title. The songs it matched for me would be from whatever random album came up first in their search, so some of my albums became a collection of tracks from compilations and singles. Really annoying. I never noticed anything like it from iTunes Match.

duky

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2007
North Carolina
Don't go anywhere near Amazon's match service then. They don't observe your metadata at all, aside from Artist and Song Title. The songs it matched for me would be from whatever random album came up first in their search, so some of my albums became a collection of tracks from compilations and singles. Really annoying. I never noticed anything like it from iTunes Match.

Yeah iTunes Match was pretty accurate in terms of it matching my stuff. My issue with it was that for some odd reason it was changing some of the metadata in my original songs stored on my computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.