iTunes Match Mixing Albums

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by NewAnger, Jun 17, 2012.

1. NewAnger macrumors 6502a

I have this problem where iTunes Match is mixing up songs between albums without me even doing anything. It's doing this all on it's own. These are iTunes purchases.

Luckily, I have the originals on another Mac so I can just fix them once I turn off iTunes Match. As long as it keeps doing this, it's unusable to me.

See the screen cap below:

Attached Files:

2. ZeRoLiMiT macrumors 6502a

ZeRoLiMiT

3. NewAnger thread starter macrumors 6502a

I fixed the problem. Since I purchased the albums from iTunes, I had no problem with the legality of downloading the albums from elsewhere. I deleted the problem albums and added my replacements and this time, iTunes Match did not mix the albums.

I never changed the meta data in any of those albums so I have no idea why Match was doing what it was doing.

4. ZMacintosh macrumors 65816

ZMacintosh

came here from the other iTunes Match thread. so lets say after a year or 2 of using it and dont subscribe are those 256Kbps songs yours or does iTunes disable/delete those tracks?

There are maybe a few albums that I've had for quite awhile that were imported at lower Quality 320Kbps MP3 or 128Kbps AAC

Ive also heard of them replacing explicit songs with "clean" versions.

5. NewAnger thread starter macrumors 6502a

You get to keep the songs permanently. Yea, the explicit thing has been happening since the beginning. I heard it may be fixed by one person but that's about it so far.

6. ZMacintosh macrumors 65816

ZMacintosh

Interesting. I do thoroughly like the concept of iTunes Match. Especially for my limited storage capacity iPad and iPhone.

Trying to understand the concept from the Apple website, so if the music is in iTunes and it does not have to upload it, theoretically the 25,000 song limit is only if its not in iTunes...or is Unlimited iTunes Match for music you've distinctly purchased from iTunes that are not 256Kbps?

7. shorn macrumors regular

Its a 25K limit for tracks that were NOT purchased from iTunes. If they are matched then the still count towards your limit. My understanding is that all purchased tracks will have the iCloud Status of "Purchased", and these alone do not count towards the 25K.